Spectrum is the latest in a long line of trader-focused innovations from the IG Group, an innovative new approach to retail trading for those who want 24-hour trading access to the markets with complete transparency, increased choice and maximum control.
Headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany, we offer a new way of dealing in securitised derivatives for the Pan-European retail market; aimed at financial institutions and their retail investors. Since launch, trading has been available in: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Ireland, and Finland.
Our best-in-class technology ensures we safely match a significant number of orders and process multiple quotes every second, meaning retail investors can be confident in trading what they want, at the price they want, at any time. BaFin authorised, we're forever exploring new ways to light up potential within people, technology and the markets, so that we can enable our customers, and importantly their retail investors, greater access to unlock a new world of opportunities. Opening the door to a more regulated, reliable, and rewarding tomorrow.
By defying convention, removing complexity, and working closer with our customers, it is our belief that we can empower the retail trading community.
Who we are:
Founded in 1974, we invented financial spread betting. Today, we’re the world’s No.1 spread betting and CFD provider, with offices in 16 countries and over 195,000 clients worldwide.
Recognized as one of Britain’s top employers, our success comes from empowering our people to be brave, innovative and inspiring. Join us, and you’ll find a place to showcase your talents with the support of a collaborative team.
How you'll progress:
• Your development is important to us.
• We work in a fast-paced project environment where change is constant, but you’ll always have support to get better at what you do – and be rewarded for hard work.
• If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll have opportunities to try new things and broaden your skills.
Spectrum MTF is a new and quickly expanding business within IG group. This will allow the successful candidate to gain a wide range of experience from an understanding of order book trading mechanics, how different products are bought to the market and made available to trade, how different is MTF participants trade those products, and exposure to the different products available for trading.
Where you'll work:
As part of our global team, you’ll work in a friendly and lively environment. Our comfortable, cutting-edge offices have everything you need to succeed:
• Flexible work spaces and hot desks
• Private quiet rooms
• Breakout and refreshment areas
The position will be based in Bangalore office of IG Group and you will be working directly with the spectrum MTF business based in Frankfurt. The position will also require you to be in contact with the technical development teams in the company London headquarters and dealing team of IG Melbourne office.
What you'll get:
As well as having the chance to attend regular social events and join special-interest groups, you get an attractive selection of benefits working with IG:
• Matched giving for your fundraising activity
• Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities
• Performance-related bonuses
• Pension, insurance and medical plans
• Career-focused technical and leadership training
• Contribution to gym memberships and more
• A day off on your birthday
• Two days’ volunteering leave per year
What you'll do:
• Oversee the opening of the 24/5 market to trading every week.
• Daily Surveillance of all orders and quote entry and trading activity on MTF using the market abuse monitoring tool.
• Primary contact to the members of the MTF regarding trading related questions, order and trade execution query analysis, and assistance for members. Trading data analysis and system testing.
Who you'll be:
As a Market Operations Analyst within the Market Operations team you will provide world class support to our clients. The goals of the team are to ensure that issues adversely affecting the MTF are quickly diagnosed and resolved.
You’ll need experience in:
• 2 -3 years’ experience in financial Services from either Trading Exchanges, Investment
• Banks or Brokers
• Experience with financial systems like Bloomberg, Reuters etc
• Knowledge of testing of financial platforms will be an added advantage
• Basic understanding of databases, knowledge of SQL & Access
• Proven operational troubleshooting skills and interpersonal, verbal, and written