Spectrum is the latest in a long line of trader-focused innovations from the IG Group, an innovative new approach to retail trading for those who want 24-hour trading access to the markets with complete transparency, increased choice and maximum control.
Headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany, we offer a new way of dealing in securitised derivatives for the Pan-European retail market; aimed at financial institutions and their retail investors. Since launch, trading has been available in: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Ireland, and Finland.
Our best-in-class technology ensures we safely match a significant number of orders and process multiple quotes every second, meaning retail investors can be confident in trading what they want, at the price they want, at any time. BaFin authorised, we're forever exploring new ways to light up potential within people, technology and the markets, so that we can enable our customers, and importantly their retail investors, greater access to unlock a new world of opportunities. Opening the door to a more regulated, reliable, and rewarding tomorrow.
By defying convention, removing complexity, and working closer with our customers, it is our belief that we can empower the retail trading community.
Reports to: Chief Regulatory Officer
Job Purpose: Contribution to the development and growth of a successful business adhering to the highest standards of local regulations whilst having a deep understanding of banking regulations
- Further develop and expand the existing local Compliance Framework
- Be a senior member of the team, subbing for the Chief Regulatory Officer where necessary
- Build strong links with other control functions, e.g. Risk and Finance and other local and global teams
- Support the business in understanding the regulatory environment and governance to protect the business, its assets, finances and employees
- Adhere to the Group Strategy and Guidelines and adapt where necessary to be in accordance with regulations, ensuring such policies are successfully communicated to all MTF Operator Staff
- Maintain and review local policies and procedures to ensure compliance with IG Group best practices, local and EU regulations
- When necessary, liaise with, and be a point of contact with the regulator and other applicable compliance and regulatory authorities
- Maintain, provide and continuously develop controls and processes in areas including, but not limited to: Members onboarding, AML and KYC, Market Abuse, Conflicts of Interest, etc.
- Acting as a point of escalation, peer review and decision making for the prompt analysis of orders and trading suspected to constitute market abuse either following referrals received from the front line or proactively found by the Compliance monitoring team
- Maintain and develop the compliance monitoring plan and appropriate monitoring methodologies
- Production and review of the internal and external reports
- Deliver operational recommendations arising from internal and external audits
- Review and approval of marketing and advertising materials
- Prepare responses to consultation papers on legislative and regulatory reforms
- Generally assisting business operations by responding to day to day queries, training and assisting in the development and implementation of necessary ad hoc business changes whether regulatory or business driven;
- Significant financial services experience in a control, compliance or regulatory role
- University education in law/finance/business or similar with additional trainings
- People management experience • Experience with regulatory engagement and financial services obligations in Germany
- A high level of business English and German is a requisite for this role (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Italian or French is a plus